Tara M. Rojas
I am a family law attorney and the founding shareholder at Rojas Family Law, Inc.
I know that every family is unique and each family law matter requires a personalized strategy to navigate through the complicated family law processes. I treat each case as if it were my own, and I zealously advocate for my clients, whether during negotiation or litigation. I strive for client satisfaction and to go “above and beyond” for my clients. Client have described me as strategic, tenacious, assertive, compassionate, and cost-conscious.
Prior to becoming an attorney, I worked for almost a decade as a senior paralegal at a highly reputable law firm in downtown Sacramento. We focused on high asset, complex family law cases. I worked full-time during law school, attended courses at night, and traveled 80 miles each day, all while raising a family. I graduated as the valedictorian of my Pacific McGeorge evening class.
Since becoming an attorney, I have remained highly motivated and driven to take on even the most complicated cases. I work hand-in-hand with my clients to prioritize their goals and concerns. And I apply legal analysis to the facts of each case in order to obtain the best results possible.
I am also a certified mediator with extensive hours of training. As a mediator, I have successfully helped parties—even those involved in contentious divorces—to resolve their matters without ever having to step inside a courtroom. I am also a member of the Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group, and am available to represent clients through the collaborative divorce process.
Since becoming an attorney, I have been honored by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star”; an honorable distinction that only 2.5% of California attorneys receive.
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Certified Mediator
- Northern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 10 Best Attorneys, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Best of the Bar - Family Law, Sacramento Business Journal
- California, 2014
- Divorce Cases From Start to Finish for Paralegals, Presenter, National Business Institute ("NBI"), May, 2018
- Valuation of Assets in a Divorce Proceeding, Presenter, Sacramento County Law Library, March, 2018
- Relocation: Should I Stay or Can I Go? Presenter, Sacramento County Law Library, April, 2017
- Relocation Cases for the Family Law Paralegal, Presenter, National Business Institute ("NBI"), January, 2017
- Valuation of Assets in a Divorce Proceeding, Presenter, Sacramento County Law Library, October, 2015
- Divorce Cases From Start to Finish for Paralegals, Presenter, National Business Institute ("NBI"), November, 2014
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento, Board Member, 2015 to Present
- Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court, Member, Present
- Solano County Bar Association, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group, Member
- American Bar Association, Member, Present
- California Bar Association (Including Family Law and Young Lawyers Sections), Member, Present
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Honors: Class Valedictorian
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Amicus Lex Scholar
- Honors: Outstanding Academic Achievement Award
- Honors: Witkin Awards: Family Law; Legal Research/Writing I and II; Criminal Procedure; Taking and Defending Depositions
- Honors: Dean’s Honor’s List
- Honors: Finalist: First Year Mock Trial Competition
- Saint Mary’s College of California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Business Administration
- WEAVE, Walk a Mile Event Attendee, 2014
- One Day Divorce Clinic, Volunteer Attorney, 2014
- Housing & Mediation Clinic, Volunteer Attorney, 2014